Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our beta/testing server is up and fully working.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» [Promo] MidnightMS Promotional Video.
by Bangarang August 13th 2013, 1:16 am

» O SO DUH CHUBBIII
by Bangarang August 12th 2013, 10:05 am

» I'm back!
by Bangarang August 12th 2013, 10:03 am

» I found a few bugs, most of which ran away
by Astray August 12th 2013, 5:43 am

» Windows 8? No Problem :)
by Astray August 12th 2013, 5:37 am

» pick up the damn work
by Saint August 11th 2013, 6:15 am

» Anti-jokes!
by Gina August 10th 2013, 11:36 pm

» Vote Issue
by Kevin August 9th 2013, 5:11 pm

» LATE but there's intresting facts here
by Bangarang August 7th 2013, 11:27 pm

» "you have gained 1337 nx"
by Saint August 7th 2013, 2:00 am

Most active topic starters
Sora
Windows 8? No Problem :) Vote_lcapWindows 8? No Problem :) Voting_barWindows 8? No Problem :) Vote_rcap 
Saint
Windows 8? No Problem :) Vote_lcapWindows 8? No Problem :) Voting_barWindows 8? No Problem :) Vote_rcap 
Beta
DarkNeyo
Goddess
Refuse.
BamBam
carlos
Flare
Timmy

You are not connected. Please login or register

Windows 8? No Problem :)

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Windows 8? No Problem :) Empty Windows 8? No Problem :) August 3rd 2013, 6:08 pm

Gina

Gina

Hello! Here is the awesome solution for people who cannot go on the server with Windows 8 :)Because the fabulous Gina is here to save you! BTW i have no picture sorry!

First download all the necessary files into your computer like you would on any occasion to play Midnight!

After getting ALL the files, go to the Application (app) in the folder you saved the files in. Right Click the application and click on "Properties"!

You will see a small Window pop up and it should have 3 tabs containing General, Compatibility, and Details. Click on "Compatibility"!

Near the bottom of the window, click the box next to the text that says (Run this program as an administrator), make sure that the check mark is SHOWING! Below that, there should be a icon that says "Change settings for all users", click on that, type your password, and another SIMILAR window will pop up.

On the new window, check the box next to the text that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for", make sure that the check is there, then click the box below and select the compatibility mode for "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)".

Also make sure the check box for "Run this program as an administrator" has the check still!

Finally PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Click on APPLY BEFORE YOU PRESS OKAY!, do the same thing for the other property windows.

Then you are all set to play, just launch the App and your ready to play!

Please enjoy your stay because you are all wonderfully Oohey-Gooey Marshmellow Friends! And if you still need help, just reply below!

Btw if any of you want to become my fabu. friend, my in game name (IGN) is Gina :)HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON

2Windows 8? No Problem :) Empty Re: Windows 8? No Problem :) August 4th 2013, 2:08 pm

carlos

carlos
Intern
Intern

You should add that the errors are -2147467259 (Unspecified error), -2147024809 (The parameter is incorrect.), and -2005540520 (Unknown error 0x88760868). Each one being something different, -2147467259 (Unspecified error) means either you haven't changed the compatibility or you chose the wrong one, -2147024809 (The parameter is incorrect.) also means you might have the wrong compatibility and/or that you have a really big process running not allowing MapleStory to launch, lastly -2005540520 (Unknown error 0x88760868) means that you successfully ran a MapleStory window and the one that gave you the error crashed (if you were trying to launch multiple at a time, this is suggested for better and faster results, and for trying this it's recommended that admin is not checked so you can run them much faster.) The way I described these errors are just from experience.

I use Windows 8 and never once did I get an error that said Error Code: Windows 8. This Tut is missing some valuable information, and it's kind of messy. It was hard for me to understand it at first. You said what you had to do though, and that's pretty much what matters right? Thanks for the Tut, I hope you'll continue to work on it, because it can definitely be better than this.

3Windows 8? No Problem :) Empty Re: Windows 8? No Problem :) August 5th 2013, 2:50 am

Gina

Gina

Thanks for the criticism!

I only posted this just in-case of troubles new players might get when playing midnight. I don't own Windows 8, i just have a separate computer that has it.

This is only posted because I wanted to help new players anyway possible.

I never said the specific error, stating that the error was "Windows 8"

Sorry if its messy Smile! I lack experience with Windows 8, (i am not a professional).

4Windows 8? No Problem :) Empty Re: Windows 8? No Problem :) August 7th 2013, 11:35 pm

Bangarang

carlos wrote:You should add that the errors are -2147467259 (Unspecified error), -2147024809 (The parameter is incorrect.), and -2005540520 (Unknown error 0x88760868). Each one being something different, -2147467259 (Unspecified error) means either you haven't changed the compatibility or you chose the wrong one, -2147024809 (The parameter is incorrect.) also means you might have the wrong compatibility and/or that you have a really big process running not allowing MapleStory to launch, lastly -2005540520 (Unknown error 0x88760868) means that you successfully ran a MapleStory window and the one that gave you the error crashed (if you were trying to launch multiple at a time, this is suggested for better and faster results, and for trying this it's recommended that admin is not checked so you can run them much faster.) The way I described these errors are just from experience.

I use Windows 8 and never once did I get an error that said Error Code: Windows 8. This Tut is missing some valuable information, and it's kind of messy. It was hard for me to understand it at first. You said what you had to do though, and that's pretty much what matters right? Thanks for the Tut, I hope you'll continue to work on it, because it can definitely be better than this.

give her a break faggot cheers 

5Windows 8? No Problem :) Empty Re: Windows 8? No Problem :) August 12th 2013, 5:37 am

Astray

Hi.
You can add this in tiny font or something.
It's a very simple and a common solution for some windows 8 users.

If all the solutions in this thread didn't work:
Close all your programs (Skype, Chrome, etc) and run the client first.
Once the client opens, then re-open your programs you were running on before.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]